Workflow of Access Rights Management
Did you know that...
well-designed workflow (from requesting access rights to execution) significantly improves response time?
The workflow of access rights management can be designed after an organization has ensured real-time identity and HR information and the key processes for access rights meet the actual business needs.
Can you answer the following questions?
- How do we know that identities employment and access rights have started?
- How can an employee gain access rights and who has the authority to request access rights?
- What kind of access rights approval chain is required?
- Is there any reason that access rights have to be approved by several approvers?
- How are approved requests executed in practice?
- When access rights are granted, who should we inform and how?
- Who has authority to remove access rights (can it be removed by oneself or should access rights be removed automatically upon the termination of employment or resignation)?
- How is change management accomplished in the case of, for example, a change in employees' job functions?
- How do we know that an employee no longer works in the organization?
- How are the access rights for the organization's external identities managed?
- How are access rights controlled and supervised?
Use PPM to Ensure Well-Functioning Processes and Prevent Misuse
Processes should be established in such a way that they prevent misuse of acquiring access rights.
- Define illegal combinations and prevent with the system requests and the granting of illegal access rights combinations.
- Several approvers in the approval chain and following the process will prevent possible misuse.
- All actions are recorded through the audit trail.
Several approvers in the approval chain and following the process will prevent possible misusage.
- All actions are recorded due to audit trail.
The Propentus United Identity system provides procedural and technical control to ensure that the access rights management process meets business requirements and prevents misuse.