Role Management Creates Effectiveness
Did you know that...
80-% of access rights can be covered by 20-% of roles?
- Identity management is more controllable with role management.
- Requesting, granting, and removing access rights by roles is faster.
- Makes automation of access rights management easier.
- Reduces the number of actions to be audited.
The primary purpose of role-based identity management is to achieve better control. Role management provides a tool for requests and granting access rights based on predefined roles. In addition to have better control, the granting of access rights is based on roles, making it faster than granting access rights one at a time. Role management will accelerate giving new employees the access rights needed for their jobs as well as removing access rights when an employment relationship is terminated.
Use Role Management Deliberately
Identity life cycle management with role management requires accurate work for defining roles. Role management can be valuable if you pay attention to the following principles:
- Understand role categories and the purpose of those categories.
- Defining the role map requires a lot of time and resources.
- Modularity - Role sets can be created by defining generic roles for various job descriptions and combining generic roles as required for specific purpose.
- Optimize the number of access rights.
- Observe limitations such as illegal combinations in access rights.
- Document and audit. Why and for what purpose have roles been created? When and how have they been edited?
Contact Us for Further Information
Marketing and Sales Director
+358 500 726 714