External Identity Management - Do you know who have access to the most valuable information in your organization?
Did you know that...
47% of the illicit activities committed by insiders in the IT industry were committed by former employees or contractors of the affected organizations?
- External identities will have a unique identifier and external users can be clearly identified.
- Information on external identities is up-to-date and external users' access rights can be observed.
- Requesting and granting external users' access rights is fast, easy, and under control.
- Consistent and standardized approval process for all of an organization's systems and services.
- Interest groups can be authorized to be responsible for their own users.
- An organization's information security and audit trail is significantly improved.
An organization's external identity management is at least as important as its internal identity management. External identity management has been challenging in outsourcing.
Do You Know What Kind of Access Rights External Users Have?
External Identity Manager as a part of Propentus United Identity is a support system for identity life cycle management which enables the management of an organization's external users' identities, related information, and access rights. The life cycle of external users' identities can be managed centrally and with control. The tool enhances an organization's information security and meets the requirements of the most relevant laws and regulations. The tool is required if:
- An organization has a working relationship with external identities such as consultants, partners or subcontractors.
- External users are using the organization's physical assets or they have access rights to the organization's information systems and access to the premises.
- There is an absence of a systematic method for maintaining information concerning external identities, related information, and external users' access rights.
With External Identity Manager:
- An organization can have valid and comparable information from external identities without adding users to their own HR system.
- Information concerning external identities is saved and maintained in one central system.
- Existent access right removal can be automated or done manually immediately, if needed.
The organization can ensure that external users do not have unnecessary access rights when co-operation has ended.
- The knowledge and control of the approvers of access rights is enhanced and information is up-to-date.
- Reporting and auditing of access rights is improved.
- A faster, easier, and more controlled method for managing internal and external identity life cycle management is ensured with Permission Process Manager , supporting the organization's predefined rules and processes.
Contact Us for Further Information
Marketing and Sales Director
+358 500 726 714